[CT Birds] Assorted reports

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Fri Jan 17 22:53:50 EST 2014

Passing these along.

 From Lorraine Gundersen
YESTERDAY MORNING YARD'S VISITORS
Had a pair of Pileated Woodpeckers working this tree in the back of our yard, although they were here most of the day it was hard to get pictures, their nature of hiding around the tree trunk makes for a very uncooperative subject.

 From Marion Irizarry
Hammonasett, Jan. 17
Snowy owl seen from platform at end of cedar trail- 2 others reported but I did not see them.
Also at Meig's Point--- a flock of at least 50 dunlins, ruddy turnstones, scaup, common mergs, seals with babies. Hooded mergs in swan pond.
Snow buntings and horned lark in the usual parking lots near nature center.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT