[CT Birds] North Farm's Reservoir, Wallingford - Tundra Swan, YES!

Phil Asprelli aspr82 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 19 15:08:28 EST 2014

When I arrived at 11:00am 90% of the swans were in a sleeping mode. I focused my scope on one that I thought was the Tundra. After about 40 minutes it raised it's head and stood for about a minute and my suspicion was confirmed. I was able to get the attention of a couple of birders who had gotten back in their vehicles having given up hope of seeing the swan.
Also a lone male Redhead swimming with Ring-necked Ducks.

Phil Asprelli
North Haven