[CT Birds] THICK-BILLED MURRE--Stratford, Birdseye Boat Ramp

Stefan Martin nafets519 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 19:57:21 EST 2014

At about 4:20 P.M today there was a THICK-BILLED MURRE very close into shore at Birdseye Boat Ramp (at the end of Birdseye ST in Stratford). I first spotted the bird about 5ft. offshore to the left of the platform. It appeared as if he was even coming out of the salt marsh! I was able to run back to the car to obtain some ID shots before it flew South out of the harbor. (Due to the lack of light the photos are a bit grainy). Photos can be seen on the CTbirds Facebook page.