[CT Birds] DEEP Midwinter Waterfowl Survey

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Wed Jan 22 15:54:12 EST 2014

My first thought also was, were they making use of local birders?

Then again, it seems they have an established protocol, and this way they can compare numbers across years better without having to factor in changes of personnel.

So … how could local birders help?  It sounds as if the major areas for ducks are covered, but perhaps other lakes or areas could be targeted?  Integrating others into their method may be harder than it seems.