[CT Birds] Snowy Owl @ Long Wharf 7:30 am.

Robert Hutton rvhuk at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 24 08:44:39 EST 2014

Snowy Owl was sighted behind the rocky outcrop at the pier this morning. It could not be seen from the other end of the pier. This looks like different bird as there was no yellowing around the eye, unless, of course, the ye problem is gone. A large group of 150 Canada Geese and mixed Duck group dotted the shore, city-side of the pier. Hooded Mergansers and American Black Ducks were around the rocky outcrop with seventy mixed ducks immediately behind the Snowy Owl.

I left home at 7:20 and returned home after the Snowy left at 7:40.

After quickly driving to the other end of Long Wharf, no other birds were seen around the Vietnam Memorial but the usual large body of Ring Billed Gulls are still throughout the shoreline. I did not take the time to check for gems among the gulls, had to take my wife to work.

Robert Hutton