[CT Birds] Rusty Bb + Pileated, Hamden Fwd: eBird Report - North Lake Dr., Jan 24, 2014

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Fri Jan 24 17:20:02 EST 2014

1)  Rusty Bb's behind:  ebird report below:  this flock moves around & seems to wax & wane some.  Small groups float around, too.  Also some numbers of House Finch & Goldfinch, & a few others.

From Arthur Shippee:
01/24 - Hamden:  North Lake Dr. -- below our feeders, 60+ Rusty Blackbirds, mixed sex & plumage.

2)  Pileated, F, wandering about RWA kettle hole between Mather & North Lake, just north of Servoss (RWA, not Hamden Land Trust).  About 100 yards from previously reported sighting.  On this cycle of upper Lake Whitney, I also saw 2 Red-tailed Hawks & 1 M. Robin -- pretty quiet!  Well, it was 19°.

(Public link to pictures of Robin:  https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152213544919042.1073741843.525184041&type=1&l=8e5ddd3e2a.)

Begin forwarded message: