[CT Birds] Simsbury Snow Geese

Jamie Meyers ctredbird2 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 21 18:27:43 EST 2014

>From Jamie Meyers:
1/21 -- Simsbury, cornfield across from the Weatogue Fire Station -- 2 SNOW GEESE present around 3 PM.

It is quite conceivable one of them was Sara's goose from this morning. This location has held at least one Snow in December but I don't think any have been there in the last week or so. We have been speculating as to where the bird that was reported several times by Doug Beach may have gone. The weekend saw a couple of local birders scour all of the usual goose spots in the area -- including Res 6 and this field -- without success, though there were numerous Canadas to be found. So where did these guys come from, and are they the same ones that have been around from time to time? I'd love to have a better picture of their comings and going because like many geese, they sure ain't predictable.

Jamie Meyers
Canton, CT