[CT Birds] Stratford SNOWY OWL, EUR WIGEON, etc.
mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 27 15:57:56 EST 2014
>From Frank Mantlik
- Long Beach - large 2nd-cycle ICELAND GULL continues, SNOWY OWL in salt marsh, neat views of flock of Long-tailed Ducks in near shore "slush" ice.
- Stratford Point - 500 Greater Scaup, 1 Lesser Scaup, 1 White-winged Scoter, 150 Snow Buntings.
- Short Beach Park - male EURASIAN WIGEON.
- Birdseye St. boatramp - 2 PIED-BILLED GREBES, 5 Green-winged Teal, Black-crowned Night-Heron (imm), 9 Am. Coots, immature Bald Eagle. Yesterday, there was a Ruddy Duck here.
- Raven Pond Park (East Main/Rt 110 and Brookside) - female Northern Pintail, male MALLARD X NORTHERN PINTAIL HYBRID.
More information about the CTBirds