[CT Birds] Mystic River

Glenn Williams gswilliams9 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 29 17:33:37 EST 2014

Yesterday, I had an adult Bald Eagle soaring over the Mystic River.  Today I had a Red-throated Loon all the way up to the I-95 bridge, by far the furthest upriver I have seen one.  Yesterday, there was a mostly green domestic Muscovy Duck under the bridge.  I was thinking that there used to be a lot of domestic ducks and geese on the river and it was nice that they have become rare.  Today, the Muscovy was joined by three Peking Ducks and a Peking/Mallard hybrid.  There goes the neighborhood.

Glenn Williams
Mystic