[CT Birds] Birdseye Boat Ramp - Red-necked Grebe

Mike Warner mjwarner at optonline.net
Thu Jan 30 19:44:50 EST 2014

     1/30/14  -  Around 2:30 pm I saw a Red-necked Grebe less than 100 feet
off the Birdseye boatramp shoreline, diving and feeding as the outgoing tide
carried it down river.  I relocated to Beacon Point Road and after a
shortwhile it came into view doing the same until I lost sight of it behind
the rock jetty.
     Also seen there were two adult Bald Eagles sharing a perch in the marsh
across the river, Wilson's Snipe, Black-crowned Night Heron, two Pied-billed
Grebes and a female Common Merganser amongst the Coot, Mallards,
Green-winged Teals, Gadwalls and Black Ducks.

Mike Warner
Wilton, Ct.