[CT Birds] Eared grebe-Greenwich

Stefan Martin nafets519 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 14:05:19 EST 2014

During our first Sunday Bird walk at Greenwich point this morning I noticed a smaller, dusky faced Grebe in with a group of Horned Grebes. It was noticeably smaller with very dark cheeks and a different build. The bird was lost and then picked up again and viewed by several others. After sending a few digiscoped shots to numerous people, I am confident calling this bird an EARED GREBE. The bird was seen off bluff point at about 10:15 this morning. With much effort, I was unable to relocate the bird.

Stefan Martin