[CT Birds] Old Lyme today

Emmayct at cs.com Emmayct at cs.com
Sun Feb 2 19:09:02 EST 2014

Decided to check out Griswold Point and Great Island Boat Launch today.

I was hoping for Eagles, Snowy, and Rough legged Hawk.

What I found was even better..More common birds at closer range..

Hooded Mergansers..probably the most rediculously beautiful common duck.
Horned grebe (2)
Black Ducks
2 Red Tailed Hawks at close range
Northern Harrier flew right over my head and reappeared often
two juvie Bald Eagles

On a whim I went down a side road off Smith Neck Road and watched a fully
mature Bald Eagle sail toward me and set down across the inlet. Like 50 ft
away! Feed on something on the reedy bank. Just amazing!

Maryann in Niantic

oh and BTW  waited for the Snowy Owl at Great Neck Boat Launch until 5:20
and never saw it.

</HTML>