[CT Birds] 2/2 Shelton Birding

Cynthia Fazekas cyndilue at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 2 17:31:33 EST 2014

We started down at the Shelton Riverwalk at about 11 am and in the Housatonic were treated to some Ring-Necked Ducks hanging out with some Mallards. A Common Merganser joined the party. As we walked down further we saw a Red-Necked Grebe just a few feet from shore.

Then we saw half dozen suspected Euro Starlings (can they have red in their bills?) and a few House Sparrows.

Up at Hope Lake we spotted a couple Downy Woodpeckers and a Golden-Crowned Kinglet at round 12:15 pm.

Cyndi F
Shelton, Ct