[CT Birds] Thayer's-Iceland Gull intergrade, Windsor Landfill 2/4/14

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Thu Feb 6 14:24:50 EST 2014

Keith Mueller had a 2nd (or maybe 3rd) cycle bird at the landfill earlier in the week 2/4/14 that appears to be an intergrade between a Thayer's and Iceland Gull.  Folks on the West Coast saying they'd call it wouldn't cut it as an Iceland, East Coasters saying it wouldn't cut it as a Thayer's Gull.   A tweener.   I have posted some of his photos in my gulls folder on Facebook, at the end of the folder:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151340645514480.469346.730539479&type=1&l=de183fc457

Speaking of gulls, still good numbers in Southbury, but no luck with the Mew Gull in my brief searches today.  There was one Iceland Gull.  Also the Rough-legged Hawk continues on Cassidy Road in Southbury.

Patrick

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut