[CT Birds] Hammonasset SP

Sara Zagorski penguinsz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 7 13:37:49 EST 2014

2/7- Madison, Hammonasset SP - the New Haven Bird Club's First Wednesday walk was led today by Greg Hanisek, and a beautiful day it was. Twenty-four birders basked in the sunshine while viewing 46 species of birds.  The waters were quiet with most of the action in the skies. Fantastic looks at a Rough-legged Hawk soaring over our heads, 3 Bald Eagles, Cooper's Hawk, Sharp-shin Hawk, Red-shouldered Hawk, Nothern Harrier, & Merlin. On the ground we had a Lapland Longspur and Fox Sparrow. Thanks to Greg and all participants for a delightful morning of birding.

Sara Zagorski

Sent from my iPhone