[CT Birds] Upcoming Rhode Island Pelagic trip March 15

kmueller at ntplx.net kmueller at ntplx.net
Sun Feb 9 17:27:04 EST 2014

 From Carlos Pedro-

Hi to everyone,
As many of you know, the Pelagic trip scheduled for January was
cancelled due to high winds. As a
result, I scheduled another trip for Saturday, March 15 in an attempt
to get us out there this winter. The trip
specifics remain the same. We will depart on one of the larger boats
of the Frances Fleet from their dock
in Galilee, RI at 7 AM and return at 3:30 PM.

The trip will take us out thru Mud Hole to Coxes Ledge and back thru
the Cod Fishing grounds southeast of Block Island. The cost of the
trip for 30 of us
will be $100 each. This includes a 10% tip for the crew.

Birds during this time may include Black-legged Kitiwakes, Dovekie,
Common Murre,
Razorbills, Glaucous and Iceland Gulls.Hoped for are Atlantic Puffin
and Thick-billed Murre.
Great Skua being the lottery bird.

Twenty-six participants who had signed on for the January trip are on
board and their payment has
been applied to this trip. As a result, we have up to 10 opens spots.
If you are interested please
contact me as soon as possible to make a reservation. Thanks

Carlos Pedro

----- End forwarded message -----