[CT Birds] Fox Sparrow yard & VT Hawk Owl

Dan Rottino rottino at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 9 17:49:55 EST 2014

From Dan Rottino & Family:
2/9/13-- East Haddam yard, FOX SPARROW for the 4 the consecutive day in a row, one or two each day.  Such a winter treat as we don't get them everything year.

In Waterbury, Vermont, we went to see the NORTHERN HAWK OWL today that has been hanging around the rte 100 & Gregg Hill Rd intersection for quite some time.  It was was relatively easy to locate right along the busy rte 100 perched high in a tree.  We saw it around 9am.  It is not bothered by people or car traffic and we got very close up views.  A great life bird for all of us.

Don't forget to eBird !
Dan Rottino
East Haddam