[CT Birds] Stratford Light Morph Rough-Legged Hawk

Donna Caporaso donnacap at aol.com
Sun Feb 9 18:00:05 EST 2014

Not a bad few hours birding today.  Highlight was the White Morph Rough Legged Hawk on Lordship Blvd just before the fork that turns off toward the Airport/Long Beach.  I have seen the bird in that area several times but this was the first time it was close enough for a few decent shots.  The open wings were better than the perched photo and confirmed my in the field ID.
A good number of American Tree Sparrows along the driveway from the Greenway to the Animal Shelter.  There were quite vocal and was nice to sit there and listen to them.

Photos here  https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152190022722439.1073742076.726347438&type=1&l=70adc861f1

Or join the Connecticut Birds facebook page here and look for my post:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/125313460911467/

Donna Caporaso
Stratford, CT