[CT Birds] OT - Deer Ticks

Jan Hollerbach smilifase at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 12:17:17 EST 2014

Does anyone know if this prolonged cold will adversely impact the deer tick
population.  One can only hope.............

On a brighter note, my feeders and heated bird bath have been loaded up
with birds.  Nothing unusual, but Carolina Wrens, Am. Goldfinch, Blue Jays,
Robins, Downey, Hairy and Red-bellied Woodpeckers, Juncos, W-T Sparrows,
Cardinals...many birds and very active.  And the ongoing parade of Mourning
Doves.

I was glad to read Don Morgan's post.  I've had birds singing as well.  My
ears doing the equivalent of a double-take.  But it is truly beginning to
sound a bit springy out there!

Jan Hollerbach
Fairfield, CT