[CT Birds] Snow Buntings, Somers

Jan Collins jgcollins at cox.net
Thu Feb 13 08:26:15 EST 2014

2/12  3 PM Somers,  Billings Rd near 9th District Rd. intersection,  40-45
SNOW BUNTINGS feeding along the road in between dodging traffic.  I
occasionally see 4-5 Buntings mixed in with Horned Larks but this is the
first time I have seen this large a flock, all Snow Buntings, in Somers.
Also, a couple days ago in the "raptor tree" at the west end of the open
fields on Hutton Rd, 2 PEREGRINE FALCONS, hopefully a pair, one was perched
while the other was performing an impressive aerial display around it.

Jan in snowy Somers