[CT Birds] Red-shouldered Hawks

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Sun Feb 16 21:24:05 EST 2014

I've seen a lot of Red-shoulders mentioned in the last couple  of weeks,
and the pictures I've seen are mostly of adults. I think there are  more than
usual. I believe this is the beginning of their northern migration,  and the
large number of adults makes me think they are passing through and  heading
north, for the most part, to their breeding areas. I saw my first one  for
the season today, and it was an adult. I am more used to seeing juvenile
plumage in this area at this time of year.

Don  Morgan
Coventry