[CT Birds] this year here in NW CT

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 10 10:57:37 EST 2014

Must say, this year here in NW CT has become one of no birds. Yes-some are coming to our feeders, but out there - in the wilds their are no new birds to be seen cept for the occasional large flock of Robins. Even the regulars like Raven, Hawks etc seem to be gone or dispersed to somewhere else. The pine trees are bare of birds, as well as the birches, alders and other seed trees. This is the worst year I have ever experienced up here for winter finches and most any bird species. I can drive through the wilds of NW CT and get next to nothing. All waters are frozen, and even many rivers with little open water to be seen. Oh well, guess we need a year like this to really appreciate the fantastic winters that we usually get here.......Theirs Always next year!

Paul Carrier - Harwinton