[CT Birds] rare bird?

Joe Zygala shilohdad01 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 10:50:43 EST 2014

If you have a Sibley guide, look at the illustration of a 1st winter bird. That should match the bird you are seeing. Sometimes the breast spot is even more defined than shown in that illustration. I am looking at one at my feeder as I write this, and its breast spot is very prominent, as well as having "whiskers".

Joe Zygala
South Salem, NY (a.k.a., West Ridgefield)

Sent from my iPad