[CT Birds] Rusty Blackbirds?

Angeladimmitt at aol.com Angeladimmitt at aol.com
Sat Feb 15 14:17:18 EST 2014

from Angela Dimmitt
2/15 New Milford yard - flock of 50 +/-  Rusty Blackbirds high in top  of
tall tree, chattering then flying away.  I believe they were  rusties by
their sound (not very familiar with it so played a tape) and  their flight
pattern was very "together", not like red-winged blackbirds (and I  saw no
evidence of red or yellow in their wings but the light was of course  poor) or
brown-headed cowbirds (no brown heads and beaks too sharp) and all the  birds
but one were black.  (Definitely not grackles or starlings of  course).  Also
still have about 20 robins, now eating privet berries  along the stream