[CT Birds] GBBC one day to go

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Mon Feb 17 08:09:49 EST 2014

We're up to 129 species, give or take.  Some of the highlights since yesterday's update:

Trumpeter Swan (OK, I'm not sure that really counts, due to reintroduction program, but it has been going on for quite some time so we'll take it)

Ruffed Grouse, White Memorial

Black-crowned Night-Heron, Compo Beach

Killdeer, Bridgeport

Long-eared Owl, Greenwich

?

The House Wren is looking like a good report, but we had to remove the Common Yellowthroat and all of the redpolls (not surprisingly).   I also got an email report of a Red-necked Grebe that I'll have to submit if one doesn't get reported to eBird.

Keep em coming!

Heading to Windsor today with Keith to try to add to the gull list.

Patrick

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut