[CT Birds] Red shouldered hawk(s)

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 15:34:32 EST 2014

2/17  Orange backyard
Red shouldered hawk continues hunting in my yard, weekly.  This morning it
got a bird (had lots of black & white feathers flying as it was
consumed).   Now either the same RS hawk is back, sitting on the back tree
for 90 minutes so far, or another one.  There is a pair of RS hawks in the
neighborhood which I have seen and heard throughout the year.
Eastern Towhee female has been here since the beginning of the NHBC feeder
survey.  It flies in with the sparrows and juncos, feeds and leaves with
them, among the regular clients.
Bev Propen, Orange