[CT Birds] Branford Supply Ponds

Robert Hutton rvhuk at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 22 07:57:43 EST 2014

I had a report from a local on my arrival that Pileated Woodpeckers were in the area. Five minutes later I got my lifetime sighting of the bird. this was Tuesday 18th Feb. Over the next three days the following birds were sighted.

Red-shouldered Hawk pair
Turkey Vulture
American Crows reported the raptor's visit
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Northern Flicker
Hairy Woodpecker
Downy Woodpecker
Brown Creeper (lifetime)
White-breasted Nuthatch
Tufted Titmouse
Black-capped Chickadee
American Goldfinch
Blue Jay
Mourning Dove
Song Sparrow
White-throated Sparrow

All of the above are in plurals and all but the Hawks together at feeders, supplied by Noble Proctor and Dan Cinotti whom I had the pleasure of meeting there on Thursday.

On my trip there on Thursday I also photographed Black Vultures on a mobile phone tower on Rt. 1 in Branford

Happy Birding guys and gals.