[CT Birds] (no subject)

Lynn James marshhawk at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 18 14:52:41 EST 2014

Date: 2/18/2014
From: Lynn James
Subject: strange owl behavior
Sunday night two ladies seated next to me at dinner were telling me about an owl that had  tried to gain access to their screened porch.
Their condos are ground floor and abut LHPP. The way they described the owl was, it must have been a baby because it was small, about 7 to 10 inches. It was reddish brown and it kept fluttering from one screen to the other and eventually flew off into the woods. This was late afternoon.
I told them it was probably an Eastern Screech-owl and was not a baby but I had no idea about the behavior.