[CT Birds] Drake Red-head at Mondo Pond

Frank Gallo fgallo at ctaudubon.org
Tue Feb 18 17:12:31 EST 2014

Hi all,

Mondo Pond, Milford:  I stopped in briefly at Mondo Pond yesterday in the late afternoon. There is still a small area of open water on the northwest side of the main lake. I was pleasantly surprised to see a drake Redhead, and two drake Common Mergansers; both are firsts for the park as far as I know.  There was also a coot, 3 Hooded Mergansers, 5 drake Ring-necked Ducks, a pair of American Wigeon, a hybrid black X mallard, and slew of Mallards (44).

Frank Gallo, Director
Connecticut Audubon Society
Coastal Center at Milford Point
1 Milford Point Road, Milford, CT 06460