[CT Birds] Conference of Possible Interest

Kathy Van Der Aue kathyvda at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 22:45:01 EST 2014

I received the following email about an ornithological conference to be
held in Newport and thought maybe some of you might be interested.

Kathy Van Der Aue
Southport, Connecticut

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 8:45 AM, Robert Curry <robert.curry at villanova.edu>

    Dear ornithological colleagues,
    I write to offer a hearty invitation to all members of the Connecticut
Ornithological Association to attend the 2014 joint meeting of the
Association of Field Ornithologists and the Wilson Ornithological Society.
We are holding our joint annual meeting at Salve Regina University in
Newport, RI, 29 May - 1 Jun 2014.

    Conference highlights will include the Margaret Morse Nice Plenary
Lecture by Dr. Don Kroodsma of UMass Amherst ("Birdsong: the hour before
the dawn"; Fri, 30 May); invited symposia (Sat, 31 May) on Osprey biology
and The biochemistry of frugivorous diets and implications for
conservation; contributed talks (Fri and Sat); contributed posters (Fri
evening); a special AFO Lunch; banquet (Sat); and field trips. Complete
information is available at http://wos.salvereginablogs.com/.

    Early registration also closes on 15 March. AFO and WOS welcome
conference attendance and participation by non-professionals!

    Please forward this invitation to the membership of COA. Hope to see
you in Newport!

    Bob Curry

    President, Wilson Ornithological Society
    Robert L. Curry, Ph.D.
    Department of Biology
    Villanova University
    800 Lancaster Avenue
    Villanova, PA  19085 USA

    Tel. 610-519-6455
    Fax 610-519-7863
    Office: Mendel Science Center 190A
    President, Wilson Ornithological Society, 2013-2015
    2014 Annual Meeting: 29 May - 1 Jun, joint with AFO, Newport, RI