[CT Birds] a nice adult Goshawk

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 22 14:21:12 EST 2014

Took a long ride throughout NW CT today - in the warm SUN! Saw next to nothing cept Robins and some chickadees at feeders for dicky birds, but the raptors were there. Under Mt Rd Falls Village had a Redtail and a dark phase fly over Rough-leg going due north. Had a Sharpie near top of Canaan Mt, and on way down to Under Mt rd, a nice adult Goshawk flew in front of the car chasing something! When I arrived home, had my Red-shoulders in the yard.

So 5 Raptors total - not a bad day! But still, it has been the deadest winter Ive ever had this year up here in the NW corner for winter birds!

Paul Carrier - Harwinton