[CT Birds] New bird I n the yard today

minor.craig minor.craig at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 24 09:40:04 EST 2014

Today I looked out in the yard and saw a new bird , what appeared to be a hairy woodpecker . Or a downy . , I'm leaning more towards a hairy because of the long beak . This is another first for me . Usually I get a flicker who stops by now and then but so far this year I have had a yellow bellied sap sucker a flicker and today the hairy woodpecker . Nine am seems to be the magic hour for some reason. Craig --- Vernon