[CT Birds] Stratford Juvenile Bald Eagle

Donna Caporaso donnacap at aol.com
Mon Feb 24 10:34:15 EST 2014

While in a boring meeting at 930 am I'm looking out the window and there is a Red Tail Hawk being followed by a huge bird over Frash Pond. From the wings, body markings and size I would say it was a juvenile bald eagle and not a Rough-Legged.  It didn't appear it was chasing the RT but rather just following him.  The bird was at least 3 times the size with one wing being as large as the RT in open wing flight.    They glided back and forth over the pond and along Access Road until the Eagle broke off and headed toward the Housatonic.  A wonderful sight!

Donna Caporaso
Stratford, CT