[CT Birds] New Sibley Guide/Appearance in Branford
birdshop at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 24 13:23:54 EST 2014
It is with great excitement and anticipation that Menunkatuck Audubon Society and The Audubon Shop present David Allen Sibley for a special March 12 program celebrating the release of the Second Edition of The Sibley Guide to the Birds. The new edition represents a major revision of the 2000 release - see new features below.
Many in our area will recall the 2000 release of the iconic first edition in which MAS presented David the day after that seminal book was released. Well, fourteen years later, the stars have aligned once more! Menunkatuck Audubon Society will again be presenting David the day after the new edition is released!
Books will be available that night, or as a pre-order autographed copy at a special 20% discount. Contact The Audubon Shop 203-245-9056 birdshop at sbcglobal.net
Please join us… AND COME EARLY!
APPEARANCE DATE: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 at 7pm (Publish/release date is March 11)
James Blackstone Memorial Library
758 Main Street
Branford, CT 06405
SPONSORED BY: Menunkatuck Audubon Society and The Audubon Shop
NOTE: Books will be available at a special 20% discount that evening for purchase / signing. If you can't attend, you can pre-order a signed copy at a 20% discount to be picked up or shipped later.
PRE-ORDER: To ensure a copy of the book, Contact The Audubon Shop 203-245-9056; 888-505-9056 birdshop at sbcglobal.net anytime before the event.
New features of The Sibley Guide Second Edition:
- 80 more pages (now at 624 total)
- All illustrations are approximately 15%-20% larger than they appeared in the first edition.
- 600 new paintings; two-thirds (4,356) of all original art has been revised, providing improved detail, and reflecting new physical and behavioral information.
- Every image from the first edition has been re-digitized from the original art.
- More than 600 updated maps, adjusted to be a unified size for quicker reference and comparison
- 98 new species (non-exotic rare, 18 of which are seabirds)
- Expanded text includes conservation status, habitat, and tips on finding species in the field.
- Elegant overall new design
The Audubon Shop
907 Boston Post Rd
Madison, CT 06443
Hrs. M-Sat 10-5pm ET Sun 12-4pm ET
email: birdshop at sbcglobal.net
Have you "liked" us on Facebook?
More information about the CTBirds