[CT Birds] migration question

Glenn Williams gswilliams9 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 27 15:31:08 EST 2014

Any ideas as to why a number of our earliest returning spring migrants such as woodcock, Tree Swallows, Osprey, etc., are a few weeks early this year.  I realize that some individuals do not represent the whole, but there seems to be a trend.  This seems odd when we have had such a continuing cold and snowy winter.  My cousin called me last night to ask why his woodcocks had returned at least two weeks earlier than he had ever had them in his yard.  I didn't have an answer for him

Glenn Williams
Mystic