[CT Birds] True sign of spring?

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Tue Feb 25 13:55:56 EST 2014

Bird songs. Always the Titmice first, sometimes as early as the  end of
January. But they seem to awake the spirit in the others. Cardinals  quickly
follow, and of course, the Carolina Wrens. And before long we have the
screaming of the returning Red-shoulders and the waking cheer-ups of the Robins.
The Juncos babble all winter of course, but by the end of February there
seems  to be a bit of glee mixed in with their scolding. Today I heard my first
 Red-wing. Now spring is un-stoppable.

Don  Morgan