[CT Birds] Red Shouldered Hawk Waterford near Niantic River

Patrick psmithct at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 28 14:38:28 EST 2014

Red-shouldered Hawk landed in the back yard today.  chased off the crows.  What I presume is a family unit of crows has been hanging around this winter, grabbing stray peanuts.  I had figured there was a hawk judging by the skittishness and general absence of the feeder birds. When the Jays are around the other birds come in under cover of their watchfulness.  Robins and starlings have shown up lately too  Great to see the Robins again.

Patrick Smith