[CT Birds] I am beginning to get real concerned

Jan Hollerbach smilifase at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 12:34:36 EST 2014

I was going into the Danbury Starbucks on Saturday when I heard a Robin
calling.  I looked up, and she was in a crabapple tree that still had
fruit.  Some Juncos had landed in the tree, and she was flying at them and
simultaneously calling out.  This went on repeatedly. It sure looked to me
like she was threatening them (they would fly off when she "charged" them)
to protect her food source.

I have also had a Robin hanging around my feeders but seeming mostly
interested in the water in the heated bird bath.  However, I have left
organic blueberries next to the bird bath in hopes she can enjoy some.

Jan Hollerbach