[CT Birds] first Turkey Vultures

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 6 12:26:56 EST 2014

Today, I saw the first Turkey Vultures going north here in Harwinton. This push inland for them might be rewarding with all the
hardship other animals are having just surviving this winter. I have 3 Bluebirds trying to feed from the seed feeder. And again today
along a rd in Torrington, I saw dozens of Robin trying to find food from the small exposed strips of grass and soil scraped up
by the snow plows. The Sumacs nearby were completely bare of fruit. Can't help but feel for these starving critters - and hope
our warm weather will come soon....
Paul Carrier - Harwinton