[CT Birds] Duck Hunt (the good kind)

dbobolink at aol.com dbobolink at aol.com
Sun Mar 9 21:51:47 EDT 2014

>From Robert Dixon
3/9/14 - Tim Thompson and I spent the day trying to find as many species of duck as we could in the state. We were able to find 25 of the 29 species that have been reported since the first of the year. We missed Eurasian Wigeon (we tried for both the Straford and Fairfield birds), King Eider, Harlequin (no attempt) and Wood Duck (we looked everywhere).
Highlights - Central Village - Quinebaug Fish Hatchery - NORTHERN SHOVELER. -
North Stonington, Parke Preserve - NORTHERN PINTAIL (2).
Stonington Point  - COMMON EIDER (10), BLACK SCOTER.
Milford, Mondo Pond - REDHEAD (2).
Fairfield, Penfield Reef - BARROW'S GOLDENEYE.
Norwalk, 14 acre Pond - BLUE-WINGED TEAL.
Old Saybrook, Saybrook Point / South Cove - RUDDY DUCK (44) also BONAPARTE'S GULL (60) and MONK PARAKEET (10).

Robert Dixon
179 Main St.
Sterling, Ct.06377
860-564-4638 h