[CT Birds] More hybrid ducks than you can shake a stick at.

Robert Hutton rvhuk at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 3 09:24:33 EST 2014

I traveled to Meriden yesterday, Sunday 2nd March 2014, to have dinner with my step daughter whose birthday was on Saturday 1st March. A great time was had by all. Afterwards, Linda and Katie went to a movie and I went to Bradley Hubbard Park. From my first stop I thought I may have snow geese or Ross's geese at the next roadway. It turned out they were domestic birds. However, among the many Canada Geese were Grayelag Geese and domestic or Domestic Greylag type geese.  Among the Mallards were Amecican Ducks and a whole range of mixed ducks of many colours. This was one day after posting on a CT Bird page that I had but ONE manky mallard image, the hybrid Mallard/Muscovy hen from Milford.

Maybe some would be interested to look at the album I created from the shoot.
Mucky Ducks and Gandering Geese