[CT Birds] New threat for Bicknell's Thrush

Paul Desjardins paul.desjardins2 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 15:42:09 EST 2014

Personnel from the Vermont Center For Ecostudies  just returned from Sierra de Bahoruco National Park in the Dominican Republic. They found illegal subsistence farming and agriculture taking place in the park. So my question is what good is a national park if it can't be protected. I am afraid that such events will only get worse in the future with human population pressure. Hopefully this issue can be addressed before it is too late for the thrush.