[CT Birds] Common Loon and Red-necked Grebe at Long Wharf Pier, New Haven.

Robert Hutton rvhuk at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 5 19:18:45 EST 2014

Yesterday March 4th a Common Loon was seen off Long Wharf Pier by Marine 1. Buffelheads Hooded Mergansers and Red Breasted Mergansers shared the water. This morning I discovered the Loon continues and has been joined by a Red-necked Grebe. (First time lifetime)

I took many shots yesterday at Long Beach. I hope I manged to get the Goldeneye and the Lesser Black Backed Gull.
Audubon was a bust today. Sparrows, Cardinal pair, Red Breasted Mergansers, American Black Ducks, Mourning Doves and Gadwall being the star sights.

Birdseye Boat Ramp produced the following around lunchtime today.
Fish Crows
Green Winged Teal,
American Coots,
Pied Billed Grebe,