[CT Birds] Interesting Historical Tidbit

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Fri Mar 7 10:51:28 EST 2014

Interesting tidbit from yesterday, posted on the Connecticut Fish and Wildlife Facebook page:
"This day in CT State Parks History -- 1957
This day in CT State Parks History

On March 06, 1957 responding to 'propaganda' newspaper columns critical of the Park improvement plans at Sherwood Island State Park in Westport, the Park and Forest Commission feels it best to include the State Fish and Game Commission in future planning projects so that there is clear understanding of the balance between demands of the public and environmental concerns at the shoreline park."

PS Two Iceland Gulls at Mitchell Farm on my pass by there on the way to work this morning.  There was a Rough-legged Hawk near Cassidy Road the other evening on the way home from work (Wed.).  First R-l I'd had in the area in a couple of weeks.

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut
185 East Flat Hill Road