[CT Birds] Recent Birds

Mike VanValen mikefuture95 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 12 15:56:25 EDT 2014

I spent a couple of days in the valley and did a little birding on the Greenway in Derby. 12 ring-necked ducks, 3 american black ducks, 6 hooded mergansers, and a pair of common mergansers. The male common merg. was circling the female. Also, at least 8 turkey vultures overhead. The next day near the Ansonia reservoir I counted at least 100 common grackles and perhaps half that number of red-winged blackbirds. I had my first RW blackbirds in Norwalk on 03/08.

Mike C. Van Valen
H.E.R.P. Officer
International Board - NAFHA