[CT Birds] Ducks, ducks and more ducks!

Timothy L Thompson twodogs77 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 15 17:52:15 EDT 2014

3-15-14 5pm - Shell Beach Road-Guilford - As viewed in front of little red barn at entrance to Shell Beach.  Amazing number of ducks present!! GREENWING TEAL (325 and I stopped counting!) NORTHERN PINTAIL (17), WIGEON (23), RUDDY, GADWALL, AMERICAN BLACK DUCK (450 plus!) MALLARD (the minority...go figure). A very fine exhibition indeed! Breeding plumages and displays. Unbelievable!! This is one of my favorite duck spots.  The next several weeks are going to be a gold mine! Recommend afternoon viewing. Lighting right now is superb. Bins are fine, but scope may be preferred.
Timothy L Thompson
Norwich, CT

Sent from my iPhone