[CT Birds] Newtown Red-shouldered Hawk

Steve Mayo and Rebecca Horowitz rsdmayo at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 15 20:34:40 EDT 2014

Beautiful - and common!  I am amazed at the increase in all CT habitats, over recent years, of this remarkable "swamp hawk".   In the old days, a hawk teed up along a winter road, was always a 'Tail.

Now, you have to take a second look.

I just had a pair of "'Shoulders" in courtship flight today, over route 69 in Woodbridge.

Steve Mayo
Bethany