[CT Birds] New Haven, and Southbury.

Robert Hutton rvhuk at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 16 20:35:19 EDT 2014

Park on the corner of E.T. Grasso and Derby Avenue, New Haven

30+ Ring-necked Ducks
Common Merganser pair
Pair and spare drake, Green-winged Teal
50+ Canada Geese
3 Red-winged Blackbird males
2 Common Grackles

On the northern line at Oxford, CT.
Red-shouldered Hawk low in a tree by Rt. 67.

Bent in the River Audubon (I didn't stay long as I loaded up with shoddy camera batteries. :-) )|While I walked a trail I slipped on the icy path, so I went home crying. :-( (NOT)

3  Turkey Vultures (1 over the car park, two in the open area beyond the Office by the river.)
1 Red-tailed Hawk over the car park
numerous Black-capped Chickadees
Blue Jays (five in a single tree by the Audubon Office.)
2 Fox Sparrows under the feeders (First time lifetime sighting for me)
American Tree Sparrow
12+ White-throated Sparrows mostly tan sided birds with three or four Yellow sided.
2 American Goldfinches
4 Mourning Doves
Several male and female Northern Cardinals
Several White Breasted Nuthatches
Male Downy Woodpecker at suet feeder.

Turkey Vulture and Red-tailed Hawk seen from the car park at the old tourist information office. The hawk was being harried by two American Crows.