[CT Birds] Audubon Alliance for Coastal Waterbirds 2014

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at rtpi.org
Mon Mar 10 13:52:48 EDT 2014

Good afternoon! I hope all of you who volunteered for the Audubon
Alliance for Coastal Waterbirds (AAfCW) in 2012 and/or 2013 return in
2014! Please see this AAfCW blog entry for more details about signing up
and the training session for this season which takes place this
Saturday, March 15 at a new location:

I am posting this because the Roger Tory Peterson Institute of Natural
History (RTPI) is now an official partner in AAfCW and I will be
resuming my duties as the AAfCW Volunteer Coordinator both on the ground
in Connecticut and remotely from our offices in Jamestown, New York.
RTPI President and Executive Director Twan Leenders and I are thrilled
to be involved again with all our fantastic volunteers and colleagues at
USFWS and CT DEEP thanks to Audubon Connecticut and especially our good
friend Patrick Comins.

I recently wrote about this new partnership in the RTPI blog:
And created an AAfCW section on our website:

We want to spread the word and build on the great success of our first
two seasons so please consider signing up as a volunteer monitor,
helping with fencing or cleanups during the season, eBirding waterbirds
throughout the year or passing this along to someone who may be
interested - thank you! I was happy to see some familiar faces while out
and about in Stratford and Milford yesterday along with some good birds,
and I hope to see you in the field soon.

Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation & Outreach Coordinator
311 Curtis Street
Jamestown, NY 14701-9620