[CT Birds] 3/12 - Hammonasset Snowy Owl, Fox Sparrow and more

Gina Nichol sunrisebirding at aol.com
Wed Mar 12 11:20:30 EDT 2014

 3/12 - A nice morning at Hammonasset.  There was a Snowy Owl seen from the end of the Moraine Trail.  Seen as I looked up river and on the left side. The bird was perched up on a log and probably well seen from the Cedar Island platform.  There was also a Fox Sparrow sunning in the cedars in the rotary.  Charlie Rafford reported a Lesser Yellowlegs from the left side of the causeway heading out to Willard Island.  (I didn't walk out there.)

Gina Nichol
Branford, CT

Hammonasset Beach SP, New Haven, US-CT
Mar 12, 2014 8:30 AM - 10:30 AM